Re: Simplification question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg59081] Re: Simplification question
- From: snoofly <snoofly at snoofly.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 02:27:13 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:41:13 +0100, snoofly <snoofly at snoofly.com> wrote: > Can someone explain this to me please. > > Clear[m] > > Simplify[Sin[3 m Pi], Assumptions -> m \[Element] Integers] > 0 > > Simplify[Cos[3 m Pi], Assumptions -> m \[Element] Integers] > > Cos[3 m \[Pi]] > > I'm not sure why Mathematica cannot deduce that the second simplification > should be (1)^m. > That should say (-1)^m of course.