Interpolation of function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59147] Interpolation of function
  • From: "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:25:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My notebook is located here

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~mbekkali/Research/Untitled-1.nb

My problem is that the interpolating function looks nothing like the
true function for some specific parameter values (u,r,lambda). I
changed the number of points at which the evaluation is performed but
it did not help.

My original problem is that I would like to find a crude approximation
to the original function for some parameters (u,r,lambda), where
u>1,r>1 and 0<lambda<u/(1+u). If it is not possible to do it for
general parameters then some grid with different variables' values is
fine too.