Re: Mathematica's CPU utilization
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg59157] Re: Mathematica's CPU utilization
- From: "Chris" <topher at csh.rit.edu>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:30:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
You probably have two or more processors or a dual core processor or a processor with hyperthreading wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Mathematica 5.2 does support using multicore processors, but only for operations that can be performed in parallel, like dot product, etc. In theory you could do numerical integration on two different processors (just have it do two different parts) but I'm sure there are many technical hurdiles in the way since Mathematica does a lot more than just numerically integrate the function.