Re: Re: Re: Limit of list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57668] Re: [mg57638] Re: [mg57527] Re: Limit of list
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 05:34:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The reason the restricted search did not locate the appropriate
sequence limit information is that SequenceLimit is not mentioned in
the documentation (excepting some error messages). However,
SequenceLimit does have a usage message that is stored in
Mathematica's "source code".

Many usage messages are located on support.wolfram.com. One can add
(at the expense of search terms -- Google only allows ten) OR
operators to search these messages as well as the default
documentation and book searches:

This Google search might look like:

sequencelimit site:support.wolfram.com OR site:documents.wolfram.com
"usage message" OR inurl:mathematica

The desired result is the last one on the first page:
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/kernel/Symbols/System/SequenceLimit.html

If one types "limit of a sequence", which does appear at the link
above, instead of sequencelimit, Google will not find the page because
Google does not have an index of that page's contents as it is too
"unimportant" to index. Hopefully, by linking it from this popular
mailing list, it will be indexed and thus easier to locate in the
future.

Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/
1 (810) 265-3161