Re: Mathematica uses only 50% of processor?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57711] Re: Mathematica uses only 50% of processor?
- From: "Xavier Brusset" <brusset at poms.ucl.ac.be>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 04:17:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universite Catholique de Louvain
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: brusset at poms.ucl.ac.be
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
You are probably using a Pentium with hyper threading capability. This
enables the processor to become a virtual double core and is seen as such by
When you access the task manager, it probably shows the CPU in 2 windows.
One will be working at 100% and the other at next to 0. That's because
Mathematica is using up all it can but on only one
Hope this helps.
Université Catholique de Louvain
Prev by Date:
Re: OS X Keybindings
Next by Date:
Re: Attempt to generalize a constant
Previous by thread:
Mathematica uses only 50% of processor?
Next by thread: