Using InterpolatingFunction in Argument of NIntegrate

Hi,

I am solving numberically an ODE and outputing the results into a function
f(x). This f(x) is some InterpolatingFunction.

I would like to then use f(x) in a call to NIntegrate in a way such as:

NIntegrate[g(f(x),{x,0,1}]

However I get an integrand not numerical error. I can easily Plot g(f(x))
and if I replace f(x) with some function like x^2 everything works too.

How can I get around this?

Thanks,

Iggy