Re: Centering of graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57765] Re: [mg57747] Centering of graphics
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 03:21:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I don't know that the notebook stores any information about the width
of a printed page. If that is the case, any centering you obtain will
be derived from you implicitly constructing the layout so that the
picture has enough padding on its left hand side.

Maybe one guess would be to make a gridbox with 1 row and three
columns and then set the options for the other two columns until the
picture would be in the middle of a printed page (change your screen
environment to printout).

On 6/7/05, wossmer <1107-209 at> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> I am just writing a technical text with a lot of imported and Mathematica
> generated pictures/graphics. I wonder how to center them automatically. Or
> is there no solution for this "simple" problem? The contribution in the
> MathGroup Archive 1999 "centering a figure" from P.J. Hinton did not work:
> the picture keeps more at the left side  than in the center of the page. I
> use Mathematica 5.1.
> Any suggestions?
> Best regards
> Markus