a question about subscript

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57820] a question about subscript
  • From: Zhou Jiang <jiangzhou_yz at>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 05:18:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi,  my friends,
I want to take the advantage of the subscript in Mathematica 5.1.
I defined a function like the following:
Since this is a plane text, I cannot type in the subscript t1 (i.e., t sub 1) for you. This is so simple which represents a time translocation of t1. I want Mathematica to compute v[0] and it is supposed to give t1 (ie. t sub 1).  I typed in v[0] but Mathematica gives me 01 (i.e., 0 sub 1). Obviously it is not the correct answer. Can anyone give me some insight of this delima? Thanks a lot.