Mathematica equivalent complexplot

This is a newbie question, I suppose. I've read as much as I can but cannot
find a straight forward way to implement the complexplot in
Mathematica 5.

An example call could be complexplot(sin(x+i),x=-Pi..Pi) where sin(x+i)
is a typical function f(x) that maps real to complex and -Pi..Pi is the
domain of f, a..b.  Of course, there are various plot options which can
follow and would be included before the closing paren but I think I can
handle that.

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much for the response.

Ron Francis