Zero Padding and ColumnAlignments in Version 5.1

I am trying to print a table of numbers with a large range. I would like
4 place accuracy and to have columns aligned on the decimal point. I
tried TableForm, which does most of this, the option
ColumnAlignments->{".","."} is referred to in the documentation for 5.1,
but seems to have no effect. Neither does ColumnAlignments->Right or
Left. Any help would be appreciated.

I have looked for a solution to this in the archive, but only found
reference to the problem, not a solution.

Kevin