Re: Text Manipulation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58052] Re: [mg57945] Text Manipulation
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:18:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Here's a simple function that produces what you want.

Proposition[foo_] :=
CellPrint[Cell[TextData[{"Propostion ",
           CounterBox["Proposition",foo]}], "Text"]]

Then you call it for the desired tag

You can cut and paste the the output to where you want it. These kinds
of operations are discussed in the upcoming issue of Mathematica in
Education & Research (MIER).

Also, with one of our packages, you can easily make this into a palette.

       "Insert Proposition",
         foo = InputString["Enter tag:"];
       InputNotebook[],Cell[TextData[{"Propostion ",

Omega Consulting
The final answer to your Mathematica needs.