  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58184] plot
  • From: "Bosch, Darrell" <bosch at>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:03:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Group,  Thanks to several of you for providing good suggestions to
my previous inquiry.  In the program below I am trying to solve an
equation for v, derive the solution with respect to size, and plot the
resulting solution.  The problem I have is in running the plot command.
I am trying to set numerical values for variables in the derivative
(other than size) and plot the derivative for size, but Mathematica
won't recognize the settings for the other values. Would appreciate any
suggestions.  Darrell

 sol3=D[v /.  sol2[[1]],size]

 Plot [Evaluate[sol3/. elev(r)379.82, soil1(r)0,