Re: Asking questions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58261] Re: Asking questions
  • From: David Bailey <dave at>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 01:56:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Bharat Bhole wrote:
> Suppose I am running a code
> MapThread[func,{Table[d,{d,1,10}]] which takes very long to evaluate for the
> entire list. Mathematica gives me the output ONLY after 'func[d]' has been
> evaluated for all d from 1 to 10. Is it possible to make Mathematica give
> the output as it is evaluating after each d. For example, is it possible to
> make it give output after it has evaluated func[1], then func[2] and so on.
> Thank you for your help.
> Regards,
> Bharat.

If func is a function that you have written, then the answer is easy -
simply add a Print command to your function. For example, suppose your
function simply added 1 to its argement:

              Print["func returns ",xx];

In practice, you may find that this gives too much output, in which case
you could add a counter and only execute the Print every 100'th time or

David Bailey