Optimal number of sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58324] Optimal number of sheets
  • From: "Erb, John" <jerb at saint-lukes.org>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

On a given occasion, I wish to create different thicknesses of a
material, ranging
say, for example, from 1 cm to 25 cm, in increments of 1 cm.

How can I, using Mathematica, determine the minimum number
of sheets of material I need?
The material comes in thicknesses of 1, 2, 3, 4, & 7 cm.

Thank you,
John C. Erb
email:  John_C_Erb at prodigy.net

Saint Luke's Health System Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential
 information, proprietary to the sender and legally protected.  Its purpose
 is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity named in the
 message header.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
 notified that any dissemination, copying or taking any action in reliance
 on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
 received this message in error, please notify the sender of the error and

Kansas City's newest health care campus, Saint Luke's East-Lee's Summit, is