Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58367] Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType
  • From: "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I tried to use latex2rtf but it did not work. I created very simple
fraction in Mathematica

 \!\(x\_1\/x\_2\)

Then, I saved it special as test.tex file. Then I opened it in
Scientific Workplace and it shows as a tag named dispSFinmath.
Double-clicking on a tag brings up properties windows that has the
following text

\dispSFinmath{
\frac{{x_1}}{{x_2}}
}

I then used compile and it does not look like it looked in Mathematica.
 I decided to skip the step of opening it in Scientific Workplace and
opened it in  latex2rtf. I hit run and Command Prompt window pops out
with the following text

test.tex:31 Unknown style option notebook2e ignored
test.tex:31 Unknown style option latexsym ignored
test.tex:36 Command \dispSFinmath not found - ignored
Press any key to continue . . .

I hit any key and Command Prompt window disappears and test.rtf file is
created.  However, when I open it in Word I see this

  \F(x\s\do5(1),x\s\do5(2))

which does not look nearly as the embedded object I thought I would
see.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong

Thanks for help, Mukhtar Bekkali