Re: New in 5.1.1?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54820] Re: [mg54801] New in 5.1.1?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:29:09 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <200503020626.BAA08109@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
From Wolfram Research e-mail: Mathematica 5.1.1 provides speed-ups in random number generation for continuous distributions, performance enhancements for ANOVA functionality, new advanced documentation for DSolve, improved advanced documentation for NDSolve, and support for the SuSE Linux 9.2 and Red Hat Linux Fedora Core 3 platforms. In addition, a new nonlinear interior point method has been added to NMinimize, DatabaseLink has been extended to support result sets for large-scale transactions, and all 64-bit platforms now support packed arrays larger than 2 gigabytes. Mathematica 5.1.1 also resolves a small set of problems that were discovered after the release of Mathematica 5.1, including: * Font installation problem on Windows platforms * GUIKit configuration problem on Linux platforms * MathLink signal-handling problem snoofly wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the new features/bugs fixed are in this release? > > Thanks > > -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801 Amherst, MA 01003-9305
- New in 5.1.1?
- From: "snoofly" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- New in 5.1.1?