Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55002] Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- From: Max Goldfarb <TheMuati at verizon.net>
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 06:34:27 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Estudiantes United
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Sounds great, but your website doesn't work. jamesahart79 at gmail.com wrote: > Hello. For some time now, I have been working on a free, open-source > project which allows the users to enter equations and then edit them > directly on the screen using drag-and-drop, dialog boxes, and > context-sensitive drop-down menus. I've also given it the ability to > use the Mathematica kernel to perform more difficult calculations > (works on Windows machines only, at the moment). I'm posting here to > see how many people would find something like this useful and whether > people think they would use something like this. (Please note that > many, many features have not been implemented. This is still very much > a beginning.) > > You can read more about it and see screenshots at > > http://mathdragn.squarespace.com > > You can download it at > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/equation > > The download is an executable jar file, so you may need to install a > JRE from Sun to get it to run. It runs on Win 98 and later, Mac OS X, > and Unix. >