Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54871] Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- From: jamesahart79 at gmail.com
- Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:08:09 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello. For some time now, I have been working on a free, open-source project which allows the users to enter equations and then edit them directly on the screen using drag-and-drop, dialog boxes, and context-sensitive drop-down menus. I've also given it the ability to use the Mathematica kernel to perform more difficult calculations (works on Windows machines only, at the moment). I'm posting here to see how many people would find something like this useful and whether people think they would use something like this. (Please note that many, many features have not been implemented. This is still very much a beginning.) You can read more about it and see screenshots at http://mathdragn.squarespace.com You can download it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/equation The download is an executable jar file, so you may need to install a JRE from Sun to get it to run. It runs on Win 98 and later, Mac OS X, and Unix.