Simplfying inside Sqrt
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55106] Simplfying inside Sqrt
- From: billkavanagh at gmail.com
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:36:58 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm wondering how to tell mathematica that I want terms like
Sqrt[x^2+x^4] to be x*Sqrt[1+x^2]. I have an expression with a few
terms like this in it so manually inserting a
PowerExpand[Sqrt[Expand[x^2+x^4]] is no good to me.
I've tried a general PowerExpand and Simplify with a Im[x]==0 around
the whole expression but with no luck.
Does anybody know how to do this?
William R. Kavanagh
Prev by Date:
Re: String comparison
Next by Date:
Plotting a super ellipse
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Simplfying inside Sqrt