Plotting a super ellipse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55099] Plotting a super ellipse
  • From: JC <Eat at joes.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:36:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to get Mathematica to plot a super ellipse.  The formula
is (x^2.5/1) + (y^2.5/1.25^2.5) = 20.

I am getting error messages such as the "not a list of real numbers"
or "protected symbols"

Can some one help me out or point me in the right direction to find
the help?

I should mention I am brand new to Mathematica, I downloaded the trial
version yesterday.  I have read through the tutorials and tried
googling for help but I am coming up blank.