Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55104] Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
- From: jamesahart79 at gmail.com
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:36:55 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
At the moment, I'm afraid that if you make changes to the early steps, it completely wipes out the later ones, primarily because I couldn't find a useful way to do what you describe... I'm thinking that something like a scripting language might be able to overcome that little problem. It would be sort of a programming language, like Mathematica's. You could use it to create functions which could be used in the equations, or you could use it to create operators that could be applied to expressions. Thus if you have something you want to do repeatedly, define the operator, and every time you need to redo it, just right click on the expression, and choose your user-defined operator. It's certainly no worse than anything that's out there now. If I could find a better way of doing this, I could. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears!