Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55114] Re: Question to the world: Do you want an computer algebra program with a true GUI?
  • From: Jon Harrop <usenet at jdh30.plus.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 04:57:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

jamesahart79 at gmail.com wrote:
> If I could find a better way of doing this, I could.  If you have any
> suggestions, I am all ears!

I think a better idea is to let the user evolve their expression by making
changes to it and record the changes that they made, not so that the
computer can redo them but so that the user can easily see what they did.

This is a different challenge, but I think the result would be more useful.
I haven't seen WRI's Wiz thing (for kids) but I expect it does something
not too dissimilar, although the derivations may be computer generated and
not manually controlled.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com