Transparent surface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55146] Transparent surface
  • From: "David Turner" <dturner at faulkner.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:43:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I wish to sketch concentric spheres with Mathematica 5.1.1.  I want the
outer (larger radius) sphere to be transparent.  That is, I want to be
able to view the outer sphere but still see the inner sphere, as with a
Gaussian surface.  I also wish to be able to control the level of
transparency.  I do not want to use WireFrame[] for the outer sphere.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

David Turner