Transparent surface

Hello,

I wish to sketch concentric spheres with Mathematica 5.1.1.  I want the
outer (larger radius) sphere to be transparent.  That is, I want to be
able to view the outer sphere but still see the inner sphere, as with a
Gaussian surface.  I also wish to be able to control the level of
transparency.  I do not want to use WireFrame[] for the outer sphere.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

David Turner