Re: plotting weighted graphs

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55331] Re: [mg55299] plotting weighted graphs
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:45:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

It is not uncommon on MathGroup to have postings like this that present a
generic question but lack any specific data or code. You are much more
likely to get responses if you present an actual example and Mathematica
code so responders can work from there.

There are many good people on MathGroup and the better they are the busier
they are so if they have to spend much time dreaming up a realistic example
they may just forgo attempting an answer to the question.

David Park
djmp at

From: Erik Itter [mailto:erik.itter at]
To: mathgroup at

Hi, I have a hopefully quite easy question:
    how do you plot graphs with weighted edges?

I have the matrix specified by its adjadcency matrix using different numbers
as weights, works so
far. Now I would like to plot the matrix numbering the vertices from 1 to n
and label the edges with
their weights. Its 5.1 therefore I think I could use GraphPlot (which draws
the graph with no
labeling at all at the moment [but colors depending on weights]) if I knew
the proper
EdgeStyleFunction and VertexStyleFunction.

All suggestions welcome.