Re: plotting weighted graphs

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55373] Re: plotting weighted graphs
  • From: yehuda ben-shimol <bsyehuda at>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:12:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Mark,
I fully agree with David's remark but I will still try to help
First I recommend to use the Combinatorica package for that purpose.
Start with
now assume that you have the following adjacency matrix
a = {{Infinity, 1, 2}, {3, Infinity, Infinity}, {4, 2, Infinity}}
which represents a directed and weighted graph
convert it to a graph and copy the edge weights to the edge labels as
the following
g = SetEdgeLabels[g = FromAdjacencyMatrix[a, EdgeWeight, Type -> Directed],
and now polt it with ShowGraph