Import Problem Further Explanation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55375] Import Problem Further Explanation
  • From: "Benedetto Bongiorno" <bbongiorno at>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:01:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

To All,

My apologies for assuming you knew what I was referring to.

If you Export a list of lists (500x20), that comprises a mix of strings,
integers and reals, as a "CSV" file and
then import back nto a note book, it no longer is a 500x20 list of lists. It
is the non rectangular lis of listsThere are slashes "/" and quotes "{"
 Try it on 5.1 and see if you get the same results.

Thank You