Re: Simple cipher

Well, I believe there are a lot of ways to achieve this goal. Here is my
version:

Assume s1 and s2 have the same length, and s1 contains 1 and 0 only.
Then the product of s1 and s2 will delete all the letters in s2 except
the letters you ciphered.

s1*s2
Out[]= {L,0,o,0,0,v,0,e}

(* And then we just extract those letters of the word. *)
a=DeleteCases[%,0]
Out[]= {L,o,v,e}

(* And finally we get the string *)
StringJoin[ToString/@a]