Re: Detailed implementation of Contour Algorithm
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55533] Re: Detailed implementation of Contour Algorithm
- From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:42:09 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Washington
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Ryan Tibshirani" <ryantibs at stanford.edu> wrote in message
news:d234bq$lhv$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello everybody-
> I was wondering if somebody could point me towards implementation
> details of Mathematica's ListContourPlot and ContourPlot3D functions.
The actual implementation of ContourPlot3D can be found in the
Graphics`ContourPlot3D` package. The Help section of ContourPlot3D states:
ContourPlot3D works by dividing the three-dimensional space into cubes and
deciding if the surface intersects each cube. If the surface does intersect
a cube, ContourPlot3D will subdivide this cube further,and so on.
On the other hand, ListContourPlot is a built-in function, and so you won't
be able to examine a package to find its implementation.
Prev by Date:
Re: Unicode Support
Next by Date:
Re: MD5 Brain teaser
Previous by thread:
Detailed implementation of Contour Algorithm
Next by thread:
numerical solutions to two non algebraic equations.