Re: is this solvable?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg56630] Re: is this solvable?
  • From: "dennis" <dwangsness at>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 00:46:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The only function I know with its derivative proportional to itself is
the exponential.  Therefore, I think the solution is trivial if p1 and
p2 are constants.

a[t] = a0*Exp[-p1*t] and b[t] = b0*Exp[-p2*t]

I know this isn't using Mathematica to get the solution, but the
problem seems trivial if what you want is the solution and not a method
in Mathematica.