Re: Problems with eps format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56700] Re: [mg56673] Problems with eps format
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 00:33:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Why import a tif into Mathematica and then export it as an eps? Tif is
a raster format, eps is a ~ vector format. It probably would take a
long time to convert an array of color values into some sort of vector graphics.
What is the native resolution of your tiffs? If they are moderate in
size, that would explain the slow performance of the graphics array
and associated statements.

--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/