Plot axis numbers

Greetings!

In short:
How can I ensure that all numbers on the plot axes have the same number
of digits?

If e.g. the y-axis in a plot goes from 0 to 1 in steps of 0.25, then the
   axis numbers will be e.g 0.25 and 0.5. I want this to be 0.25 and
0.50. Any suggestions other than manually adjusting the numbers with the
FrameTicks option?

- T.M.Sørensen
(Mathematica 5)