Re: Calling a MS-DOS command
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56880] Re: [mg56868] Calling a MS-DOS command
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 01:46:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Swati, > I would like to call some DOS commands from Mathematica like > > delete ("tmp.txt") > copy filea to fileb > > Is this possible in Mathematica? I have been looking at the > documentation but am not having a lot of luck. Really? Your vision notwithstanding, on my XP system, Run["ls"] does what is intended -- open a console (not a DOS command), run the command "ls", then close the console. I know that the command was successful since the return code was 0. In the unlikely event that you have MKS utilities , Run["dir"] should do something similar on your system. Another command to try would be Run["c:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe"], which opens a console on XP systems. Regards, Dave.