Re: Representation and Simulation of Dynamic Systems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56968] Re: [mg56928] Representation and Simulation of Dynamic Systems
  • From: "Caffa Vittorio Dr." <Caffa at iabg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 05:24:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris,

I have used as a toy example a dynamic system which happens to be linear
with constant coefficients. Actually, I wanted to focus the discussion
on non-linear dynamic systems.

(As a special case, linear systems, possibly with non-constant
coefficient, could be also analyzed with an extension of the method I am
suggesting. Given the system description, one could for instance compute
symbolically the matrices A(t), B(t), C(t), D(t). Then using the method
of adjoints or a covariance simulation one could compute the system for
example the system response to a stochastic input.)

Actually the method I am suggesting is a surrogate of an interface into
which one could place a block diagram. If such an interface were
available I would probably do all my simulation work with Mathematica
instead of using that-simulation-link-addition-which-must-not-be-named
on that-mathematics-laboratory-program-which-must-not-be-named.

Cheers, Vittorio