Re: Remote Kernel
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57018] Re: [mg56942] Remote Kernel
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:33:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Guy > are there any public powerful computers which I can use for > intense calculations? > and if not, is there a way to run a kernel on a different > computer and to use it remotely? if so, how? A. Probably, but I don't know of any. B. Mathematica works by passing most commands to & from the Front End and the Kernel, even on the same computer. Look at the documentation in section 2.13.10 Special Topic: Running Programs on Remote Computers for more details. Regards, Dave.