Re: Re: NIntegrate-FindRoot acting up in version 5.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57106] Re: [mg57006] Re: NIntegrate-FindRoot acting up in version 5.1
  • From: "John Roberts" <jlr-d at jlr-d.cnc.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 01:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Anton:

Thanks for your help! The input changes with ?NumberQ that you suggested
worked, NIntegrate in Mathematica 5.1 now gets the correct result with no error
messages or warnings.

About the only difference I can see now between Mathematica 5.1 and 4.1
when doing numerical calculations is when I do a double integral with
NIntegrate in Mathematica 5.1 it issues a single inum warning about the
integrand of the inner integral not being numerical --but it keeps running
and gets the correct result, so it does not appear to be anything serious.