Re: Plotting g(x,y) along contour of f(x,y)

There appear to be two solutions for y. You might wish to use contour
plot instead of implicit plot. If you supply the values of u that you
would like to use, people might be able to help you with the plotting.

eqns={u==Cos[x]+0.3*(y-0.1*Cos[x])^2,
phi==0.36 (y-0.1 Cos[x])^2+(-Sin[x]+0.06 (y-0.1 Cos[x]) Sin[x])^2}
eqns[[2]]/.Solve[eqns[[1]],y]

--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/