Re: Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital processing
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57153] Re: Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital processing
- From: "Mariusz Jankowski" <mjankowski at usm.maine.edu>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Southern Maine
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Peter, what you want is
img = Import[...];
rawData = img[[1,1]]
The array rawData will most likely be a 2D array of rgb triplets which you
should split into three matrices.
For further details look at the online documentation for Digital Image
Processing, in particular sections 2.2 and 2.3 of the User's Guide and all
the HelpBrowser documentation about the graphics primitive Raster.
>>> <vandaalen at chello.nl> 05/17/05 1:25 AM >>>
1. digitized emphasizing and contrast enhancing ( increasing and/or
decreasing ) the wanted X-ray shadows and discerning and filtering out from
the unwanted low energy scattering and other unwanted backgrounds,
2. false colorizing regions of interest,
3. sharpening by emphasizing edge contrast,
4. and more simple processing.
For this purpose I need to get numerical arrays ( which I know how to handle
) which should be converted out of the imported digitized
grayscale/jpeg/bmp files ( X-ray pics ).
Thanks for any help.
> van: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
> datum: 2005/05/17 di AM 04:46:53 MEST
> aan: Peter van Daalen <vandaalen at chello.nl>
> cc: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> onderwerp: Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital
> What do you mean by "improving"?
> On 5/16/05, Peter van Daalen <vandaalen at chello.nl> wrote:
> > I want a simple way of processing grayscale and .bmp and .jpeg bytes (
> > for improving my digitized X-ray pics ).
> > No advanced processing as per application " Digital Image Processing "
> > is needed for me.
> > Being a Mathematica beginner, I failed in finding the way to convert
> > ..jpeg and .bmp formats into 2D and 3D numerical ( 0-255) arrays.
> > Thanks for any help.
> Chris Chiasson
> 1 (810) 265-3161
Prev by Date:
Re: Book for Scientific data Analysis
Next by Date:
Re: bode diagram
Previous by thread:
Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital processing
Next by thread:
Show two vector fields with different arrow colors