Clearing function definitions by argument type?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57243] Clearing function definitions by argument type?
- From: Gareth Russell <gjr2008 at columbia.edu>
- Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 02:41:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Columbia University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Group, Is there a straightforward way to Clear only definitions that take certain kinds of arguments? For example, I might have f[x_]:=x^2 f=1 f=1 f=7 ... and want to clear all f[number] definitions but not the DelayedSet definition. (Note that the number of f[number] definitions will vary, as will the numbers that each one takes as an argument.) My goal is to clear 'memorized' definitions after an optimization run, where the memorized definitions are generated by a f[x_]:=f[x]=x^2 type of function, without clearing the function itself. Gareth Russell Columbia University