How to use only part of mapping
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57257] How to use only part of mapping
- From: Guy Israeli <guyi1 at netvision.net.il>
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:14:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to do some mapping (/@) related operations since I don't want to use
for/while loops because of all the index mayhem.
The problem is that I don't need the map operation to continue once some
condition is met.
Is there a way to stop the mapping operation so it will not continue, thus
saving valuable calculation time (since there is no need to continue).
for example (not useful though)
and stop printing if #>5
If it isn't possible to do it with map, what are my other options?
Prev by Date:
Re: How to Clear y'
Next by Date:
Re: how to map function with over 1 arguments to list
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Bode Plots in Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: How to use only part of mapping