How to use only part of mapping

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57257] How to use only part of mapping
  • From: Guy Israeli <guyi1 at>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:14:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I want to do some mapping (/@) related operations since I don't want to use
for/while loops because of all the index mayhem.

The problem is that I don't need the map operation to continue once some
condition is met.

Is there a way to stop the mapping operation so it will not continue, thus
saving valuable calculation time (since there is no need to continue).

for example (not useful though)

and stop printing if #>5

If it isn't possible to do it with map, what are my other options?