  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57257] How to use only part of mapping
  • From: Guy Israeli <guyi1 at netvision.net.il>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 00:14:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I want to do some mapping (/@) related operations since I don't want to use
for/while loops because of all the index mayhem.

The problem is that I don't need the map operation to continue once some
condition is met.

Is there a way to stop the mapping operation so it will not continue, thus
saving valuable calculation time (since there is no need to continue).

for example (not useful though)

Print[#]&/@Range[10]
and stop printing if #>5

If it isn't possible to do it with map, what are my other options?

Thanks,

Guy