Re: Log function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57339] Re: [mg57297] Log function
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:02:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica calculates exactly and therefore does not simplify unless there is an exact simplification. For an approximate number answer use the N function. In:= Log Out= Log In:= N[Log] Out= 0.693147 David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: Bill Ginsberg [mailto:eqmc2 at aol.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net I have Mathematica 5.0.1. When I attempt to get the Log of a number "a" by entering Log[a], it does not return the value but echoes back: Log[a]. How is this fixed?