Re: Log function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57324] Re: [mg57297] Log function
- From: "Jaccard Florian" <Florian.Jaccard at he-arc.ch>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:02:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello ! "a" is an exact number, I suppose? So Log[a] is exact! If you want a machine-precision result, type : Log[N[a]] Or, for example : Log[3.0] instead of Log ! Rergards F.Jaccard -----Message d'origine----- De : Bill Ginsberg [mailto:eqmc2 at aol.com] Envoyé : mardi, 24. mai 2005 11:13 À : mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Objet : [mg57297] Log function I have Mathematica 5.0.1. When I attempt to get the Log of a number "a" by entering Log[a], it does not return the value but echoes back: Log[a]. How is this fixed?