Re: MathLink and GUIKit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57345] Re: MathLink and GUIKit
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:02:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Goyan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a written C++ function called HSeg which I can call it after
> using "Install[]" using Mathlink, however, when I dont seem to be able
> to call the function within the GUIKit.  My code is as the following:
>
> HSegButton = GUIRun[
>      Widget["Panel", {Widget["
> 	Button", {"text" -> "HSeg", BindEvent["mouseClicked",
> 		Script[HSeg[img]]]]}]}
>        ]
>      ]
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Goyan

Hi,

The problem here is that the GUIKit moves all the global symbols inside
scripts into private contexts! You can get round this in three ways:

1) Use the IncludedScriptContexts option to GUIRun or GUIRunModal

2) Use symbols from some other context than Global`

3) Use my SuperWidgetPackage (downloadable from my site) that makes the
GUIKit much more accessible.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk