Re: Re: plot hyperbola (OT)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57343] Re: [mg57292] Re: [mg57287] plot hyperbola (OT)
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:02:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is a bit off-topic, but it's been an annoyance for a while now....

I've been having difficulty copying code such as that below from my
e-mail client into Mathematica: The e-mail client, Thunderbird, displays
expressions such as "x^2" in a 2-dimensional form, with a superscript
(and no caret); when I copy from there and paste into Mathematica, of
course I get just "x2" -- no superscript and no caret.

I do have my e-mail client set so as not to display HTML as such.

Any ideas?

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.