- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57429] restricting range?
- From: Ken Turkowski <turk at worldserver.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 04:57:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a function that has multiple branches (using Which), but I would like to restrict its evaluation to one branch for purposes of feeding into Solve. I tried f[t] /; t<1/4 and (t < 1/4) && f[t] but neither works. I know I've seen something like this for square roots in the Mathematica book, Sqrt[x^2] restricted to (Im[x] == 0) && (x >= 0) but I can't find it. Can you help me?