Re: making an animated picture from many pictures

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57528] Re: [mg57502] making an animated picture from many pictures
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 04:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Guy,

Here is an example.

Needs["Graphics`Animation`"]

frame[phase_] :=
  Plot[Sin[t + phase], {t, 0, 2Pi},
    Frame -> True]

Animate[frame[phase], {phase, 0, 2Pi - 2Pi/40, 2Pi/40}]
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]; Pause[0.5];
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`SelectionAnimate[200, AnimationDisplayTime -> 0.1,
      AnimationDirection -> Forward]}]

You could have used Table instead of Animate, but it is worthwhile getting
to know the Animation package.

Although it wasn't necessary in this example, generally when making
animations you will need to include a PlotRange option to make certain that
all frames use the same plot range.

The statements after the Animate statement select all the generated graphics
cells, close them up, and start the animation. You do see the cells as they
are first being generated but I don't find that objectional. In fact I like
to see them because if the cells are complex and take some time, I want to
know that the graphics are working as I intended and I can abort the
animation if they aren't.

If you use DrawGraphics package from my web site, the statements are on the
DrawGraphics palette and can simply be clicked in.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Guy Israeli [mailto:guyi1 at netvision.net.il]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,

How do I create one image that is animated from many other images without
displays all of them and double clicking on one of them?

Thanks,

Guy