Cell execution dependence
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61952] Cell execution dependence
- From: carlos at colorado.edu
- Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 01:53:05 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
This post is related to a separate one on Mathematica treatment of whitespace. But I thought it may be useful to clarify a couple of related points by asking two general questions. Given an input cell: 1) Are the results of cell execution independent of line breaks? (More precisely, what is the effect of adding or removing CR/LF chars) 2) Are the results of cell execution independent of inactive whitespace? (where "inactive" is specified by the rules of the language) My guesses are: no and yes.