Re: Removed[$$Failure] in Integrate

On 5 Nov 2005, at 15:52, Pratik Desai wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Has any body come across this while using Integrate
>
>  Removed[$$Failure]
>
> What does this mean? Besides the obvious explanation
>
> Please advise

My question is: what is "the obvious explanation"?

At the risk of being too obvious let me just give an example of the
way Removed[symbol] usually appears in Mathematica:

In[1]:=
dog=cat;

In[2]:=
Remove[cat]

In[3]:=
dog

Out[3]=
Removed[cat]

Well, possibly some part of the code returned $$Failure, which was
then assigned to some variable and then Removed, leaving behind
Removed[$$Failure] . Most likely a bug.

Andrzej Kozlowski