Losing digits

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg61976] Losing digits
  • From: Martin Stoll <martin.stoll at>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 05:12:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am chasing for a lot of digits and therefore using mathematica.
I am not an expert in it and to be honest I started yesterday to
work with it. In the beginning of my program I set Ndigits to 100
and I use N function to set the variables to this precision.But
there is one line in my code in which I lose almost all of the
Here is it

When I checked the v1 before this line I have 100 digits but
using the result of this line there are only some digits which
mathematica shows to me.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help and good night,