Can I create keyboard "macros"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61997] Can I create keyboard "macros"
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:41:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I find it a bother to have to grab the mouse just to change the cell style
to anything beyond the numbered options.  Is there a way I can persuade
Mathematica to understand other key combinations?  Yes, I'm talking about
on Linux.
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...