Re: MiniMaxApproximation question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg62017] Re: MiniMaxApproximation question
  • From: michael_chang86 at
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 03:45:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Jose,

Many thanks for your response and help; I tried the Padé approximation
routine, and this is 'better', but I'm still seeking the ubiquitous
Chebyshev 'equioscillation' (or 'alternation') behaviour in terms of
*absolute* error.

Am I missing something simple here <doh!>?  For what I am seeking
(equioscillation), it appears that Mathematica only optimizes for
*relative* error.  Have I missed a more basic command that does what I