Re: MiniMaxApproximation question

Hi Jose,

Many thanks for your response and help; I tried the Padé approximation
routine, and this is 'better', but I'm still seeking the ubiquitous
Chebyshev 'equioscillation' (or 'alternation') behaviour in terms of
*absolute* error.

Am I missing something simple here <doh!>?  For what I am seeking
(equioscillation), it appears that Mathematica only optimizes for
*relative* error.  Have I missed a more basic command that does what I
want?

Thanks,

Michael

Jose Luis Gomez wrote:
> Michael
> I am not sure, but I think that the standard AddOn <<Calculus`Pade` might be
> useful for you. See this link:
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Add-onsLinks/StandardPackages/Calcu
> lus/Pade.html
>
> Hope that helps